UPSC released combined Notification for Civil Services Exam 2020 (CSP-2020) and Indian Forest Service Exam. IAS and IPS vacancies are filled through the CSE 2020. There are 796 vacancies notified for Civil Services Exam this year. This exam You can download the official document from the below links.
The PDF contains UPSC Syllabus, Exam pattern, Physical and Medical Requirements etc.
N.B: Candidates are advised to apply by online using the website https://www.upsconline.nic.in
Age limit for Civil Services Exam 2020
A candidate who is 21 years old and not completed 32 years on 1st august 2020 is eligible to appear for IAS examination. In other words, he / she must not have been born before 2nd August 1985 and after 1st August 1999 (General Category). There is no age relaxation or attempt as per EWS Reservation as per Union Government announced.
The upper age limit is relaxable
- Up to five years for scheduled caste and scheduled tribe category.
- Up to three years for OBC candidates who belong to the non-creamy layer.
- Five years relaxation for ex-servicemen including commissioned officers ECOs/SSCOs who have rendered at least five years of military service as on 1st august 2020.
- Up to three years for defense service personnel, who is disabled in operations during hostilities with any foreign nation or disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof.
- Up to five years if a person domiciled ordinarily in the state of Jammu and Kashmir from 1st January 1981 to 31st December 1990.
Fees – Rs.100 for General/OBC (Male)
The aspirants are required to pay a fees of Rs.100/- ( One Hundred Rupees only).
SC/ST/ Female/Persons with Benchmark Disability candidates are exempted from payment of the fees.
The fees can be paid either by depositing the money in any branch of State Bank of India by cash, or by using net banking facility of State Bank of India or by using any Visa/Master/RuPay Credit/ Debit Card.
Need to upload Photo, Signature, and Photo ID card
- Before start filling up of Online Application, a candidate must have his/her photograph and signature duly scanned in the jpg format in such a manner that each file should not exceed 40 KB and must not be less than 3 KB in size for the photograph and 1 KB for the signature.
- Candidate should have details of one Photo ID Card viz. Aadhaar Card/Voter Card/PAN Card/Passport/Driving Licence/Any other Photo ID Card issued by the State/Central Government. The details of this Photo ID Card will have to be provided by the candidate while filling up the online application form. The candidates will have to upload a scanned copy of the Photo ID whose details have been provided in the online application by him/her. This Photo ID Card will be used for all future referencing and the candidate is advised to carry this Photo ID Card while appearing for Examination/Personality Test.
IAS Exam – Syllabus
Every year UPSC conducts exams under prescribed syllabus. Having a clear idea of the Syllabus and proper methodology of study will help aspirants to tackle the dream of clearing the Civil Service Examination. Here is the list of the latest syllabus as per UPSC Civil Services Exam 2020 Notification.
- UPSC Syllabus for Prelims and Mains
- General Studies(GS) Paper 1 Syllabus(Mains)
- General Studies(GS) Paper 2 Syllabus(Mains)
- GS Paper 3 Syllabus( Mains )
- General Studies Paper 4 Syllabus(Mains)
Papers counted for the Final Ranking for UPSC Exam
|Paper||Subject & Content||Marks|
|Paper 2||GS 1-Syllabus: Culture and Indian Heritage, History, and Geography of world||250|
|Paper 3||GS 2-Syllabus: Constitution, Governance, polity, social justice and international relations||250|
|Paper 4||GS 3-Syllabus: Economic development, Technology, Environment and biodiversity, Disaster management and security.||250|
|Paper 5||GS 4-Syllabus: Aptitude, integrity and Ethics||250|
|Paper 6||Optional Paper 1||250|
|Paper 7||Optional Paper 2||250|
UPSC Civil Services Exam 2020 Calendar
- Civil Services Prelims and Indian Forest Service Prelims Date of Notification: February 12, 2020
- Last date to apply for Civil Service Prelims and Indian Forest Service Prelims: March 03, 2020
- Exam Date of UPSC Civil Service Prelims 2018 and IFS Prelims 2018: May 31, 2020
- Date of UPSC Civil Service Mains 2019: September 18, 2020 (5days)
- Exam Date of UPSC IFS Mains 2019: November 22, 2020
Note: The dates of notification, commencement, and duration of Examinations are liable to alteration if the circumstances so warrant.
Is there any changes in UPSC Civil Services Exam 2020 as compared to Previous Years?
Yes, there is a change in the notification of the UPSC Civil Services Exam 2020. This time Government allowed a 10 percent reservation for EWS Category (General Category) included in the notification. However, there is no age relaxation or attempt as per EWS Reservation as per Union Government announced.
Number of vacancies
The expected number of vacancies upon the final result is 782 which is slightly less than the previous year vacancy which is 796 in the exact number. Furthermore, this includes seats for reserved categories such as SC/ST, OBC, General EWS, etc.