Last updated on February 9th, 2018 at 07:08 am
The Yojana magazine is one of the important magazines from UPSC IAS Exam perspective.If a candidate can download Yojana for free then it would be a great help for the needy aspirants . Questions are triggered from Yojana magazine for both prelims and mains.Although it contains too much information, aspirants do not need to go through each and every line along with other standard IAS Books . There are certain myths and facts related to reading this magazine .
Overview of Yojana magazine
- 12 magazines published in a year on monthly basis.Prelims go through from July to July and for mains read from November to November.
- Yojana Magazine can be downloaded from yojana.gov.in, absolutely free of cost.
- Published by government of India, so that credibility and authenticity is high.
- Articles are written by highly expert scholars, P.hd students, ministers and bureaucrats.
- It has a balanced political view on every issue.
- Articles are addressed in way that optimism and pessimism with constructive criticism followed by reddressal mechanism. This approach is obvious for mains answers.
- It is available in all Indian languages.
Download Yojana Magazines 2013
- January – Good Governance
- February – Direct Benefit Transfer
- March – Union Budget
- April – Disability
- May – Social Media
- June – Environment and sustainable energy
- July – Public service Broadcasting
- August – Inclusive democracy
- September – Education for all
- October – Growth,Employment and poverty
- November –Land and Natural resources
- December – Right to Food
Download Yojana Magazines 2014
- January – Tribal and Marginalized Communities
- February –Public Health
- March –Administrative Reforms
- April – Indian Economy Performance ,challenges and prospects
- May – Energy security
- June – Indian Agriculture
- July – Democracy and electoral reforms
- August – Union budget
- September – Urban Planning
- October –Informal Sector
- November –Technology,Innovation and Knowledge economy
- December –FDI and International Trade
Download Yojana Magazines 2015
- January-Sanitation, Development and social change
- February-Federalism and Indian Polity
- March-Union Budget 2015
- April-Manufacturing Sector
- May- Tourism
- June- Alternative Medicine
- July- International relations a new Vistas .
- August- Inclusive Growth and social change
- September – Smart cities Transforming urban landscape
- October- skill development : scaling new heights
- November- Transport
- December- Climate change and sustainability
Download Yojana Magazines 2016
- January- Education
- February- Health
- March- Union Budget 2016-17
- April- North East on the development horizon
- May : Differently Abled
- June : India Strides
- July : Water : A Precious resource
- August : Power for all
- September : Women Empowerment
- October : Textiles
- November : Tax Reforms
- December: Science for Development
Download Yojana Magazines 2017
- January 2017 : Disaster Management
- February 2017 : Less cash Economy
- March 2017: Budget special issue
- April 2017 : Labour Welfare
- May 2017 : Transforming India
- June 2017 : Emerging power -Indian Youth
- July 2017 : Social Security
- August : Goods and Service Tax
- September : Housing For All
- October 2017 : New India
- November 2017 : Small and Medium Enterprises
- December 2017 : Creating Consumer Awareness
- January 2018 : Banking Reforms
- February 2018 : Public Grievance Redressal
- March : Union Budget 2018
Note : Yojana Magazine Free PDF Version will be available only after 4 months.This page is updating immediately when it is available.
Yojana & Kurukshetra Magazine Regional Languages archive 2016.
- Yojana- Punjabi
- Yojana Urdu
Yojana Magazine Regional Languages archive 2015.
Tips to read Yojana Magazine
You have to quote, requote, phrase, rephrase the articles. Certain articles need a through reading while others need to skim read.
From 2016, articles relating to education, health, developments, natural resources, energy, women empowerment, tax reforms and science and technology are extremely important. You should go through these articles thoroughly. On the other hand, articles like textiles can be omitted. Union budget needs to be skim read.
From 2017 issue, except union budget rest everything is essential .
Select five or six articles and then follow DBFAC pattern
- Define [D]: define the theme
- Basics [B] : Basics of the theme
- Facts [F]: Facts relating to the article
- Arguments [A] : review both sides argument
- Constructive criticism [C] : constructive criticism and redressal mechanism .
Articles to be omitted includes any personal achievements, any local area where technology is first tried , non communicable diseases .
Only tip for scoring high marks include read again and again .