Many Books for UPSC Mains Exam and Prelims Exam is common. But some books needed to special focus on some special topics which are exclusively for some subjects. For instance International relations, disaster Management, India after Independence, Ethics, internal security, etc. need some additional standard books along with different ministry websites, magazines, and newspapers. Along with this, you can refer our online study material which makes your preparation better.
The below list of books for UPSC prepared from the feedbacks from toppers who found these books useful for their IAS preparation. Time to time we are updating the list on the basis of their relevance on the exam point of view. So keep checking this page.
Books for UPSC Civil Services Mains Exam Preparation
- Modern Indian History: For Civil Services Preliminary and Main Examinations(Old Edition) (Modern History)
- No products found.. (History)
- Ancient and Medieval India (Ancient History)
- Indian Art and Culture for Civil Services and other Competitive Examinations ( Art & Culture)
- The Wonder That Was India: Volume 1 (Art & Culture)
- Indian Polity - For Civil Services and Other State Examinations | 6th Edition (Polity)
- Science and Technology: for Civil Services Preliminary and Main Examination (Science & Technology)
- India 2020 - Publications Division (Current Affairs)
- The Malayala Manorama English Yearbook 2020 (Current Affairs)
- No products found. (Physical Geography)
- No products found. (Indian Geography)
- No products found. (Geography)
- Environment By Shankar (7th) Revised Edition (2019-2020 Session). (Environment)
- Environmental Studies: Third Edition (Environment)
- Indian Economy for Civil Services, Universities and Other Examinations | 12th Revised Edition (Economics)
- Economic Survey 2019-20 Set of Volume 1-2 (Economics)
- No products found. (Essay paper)
- No products found. (Essay Paper)
- 151 Essays for IAS/ PCS & other Competitive Exams 3rd Edition (Essay Paper)
- Indian Society: Themes and Social Issues (For civil services and state services examinations) (Indian Society-GS1)
- India After Gandhi: The History of the World's Largest Democracy (History – GS1)
- No products found.
- IAS Mains Paper 2 Governance Constitution, Polity Social Justice & International Relations 2020 (Old Edition) (Arihant Manual – GS2)
- Governance in India (Governance – GS2)
- No products found. (Foreign Policy – GS 2)
- India's National Security: A Reader (Critical Issues in Indian Politics) (Internal Security – GS3)
- Challenges to Internal Security of India (Third Edition) (Internal Security – GS3)
- Lexicon for Ethics, Integrity & Aptitude for IAS General Studies - 6th Paper Edition 2020 ( Ethics – GS4)
- IAS Mains Paper 4 Ethics Integrity & Aptitude 2020 (Old Edition) ( Arihant Manual – GS4)
Other Book Lists for UPSC
- IAS Books for Prelims Preparation
- IAS Books for Prelims & Mains Preparation
- Optional Book List for IAS Preparation
- NCERT Books for IAS Preparation
- Useful IAS Books in Hindi
- Civil Services Interview: How to Ace.
- What…? When…? How…? Answers to All Questions about Civil Services (Prelims, Mains and Interview).
Books for UPSC Mains Exam in the Hindi Language
As many of the books given in the English Language, corresponding books in the Hindi language are available in the book market. Hindi medium students can check the link UPSC IAS Books in the Hindi Language to buy from Amazon at a lower price.