General Studies Books for IAS Prelims and Mains Exam
Proper selection of UPSC General Studies Books for Prelims and Mains will be a game-changer. We cannot buy all the books in the market and experimenting a trial and error game. So we collected reviews about the books from toppers. Here is an exhaustive list of standard books which is very relevant for IAS Exam preparation.
By Collecting these essential IAS Books you crossed the first hurdle. For a good start ,new standard weapons are very important to win Civil service battle.Here your weapon is standard General Studies Books for IAS Prelims and Mains Exam Preparation. So go for it without any confusion. If you have any queries then please ask in the comment section. We are always happy to help.
General Studies Books For UPSC Prelims (Click on the links to buy online)
- NCERT Set of 40 Books useful for UPSC CSE Preparation
- Certificate of Physical and human geography by G C Leong. (Physical Geography)
- Geography of India by Majid Hussain. (Indian Geography)
- Oxford School Atlas. (Geography)
- Environment by Shankar IAS. (Environment)
- Environmental Studies: From Crisis to Cure – Rajagopalan. (Environment)
- Indian Economy by Ramesh Singh. (Economics)
- Economic Survey. (Economics)
- India’s struggle for independence by Bipan Chandra. (Modern History)
- History Of Modern India – Sonali Bansal & Snehal Tripathi. (History)
- India’s Ancient Past- RS Sharma. (Ancient History)
- .History of Medieval India – Poonam Dalal Dahia. (Medieval History)
- Indian Art and Culture by Nitin Singhania. ( Art & Culture)
- The Wonder that was India – AL Basham (Art & Culture
- .Indian Polity for Civil Services Examinations – M. Laxmikanth (Polity)
- Science and Technology in India – Ravi Agrahari. (Science & Technology)
- India Year Book 2020 (Current Affairs)
- Manorama Yearbook 2020 (Current Affairs)
- Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning – RS.Aggarwal (CSAT Paper 2)
- CSAT Manual by TMH or CSAT-II – Arihant. (CSAT – Paper 2 )
- Analytical Reasoning – MK Pandey. (CSAT – Paper 2)
Additional General Studies Books for UPSC Mains
- Indian Society – Nadeem Hasnain. (Indian Society-GS1)
- India After Gandhi–Ramchandra Guha. (History – GS1)
- World History by Norman Lowe OR History of World by Krishna Reddy (World History-GS1)
- IAS Mains General Studies Paper 2 (Arihant Manual – GS2)
- Governance in India by Laxmikanth -(Governance – GS2)
- Pax Indica by Shashi Tharoor. (Foreign Policy – GS 2)
Challenge and Strategy: Rethinking India’s Foreign Policy (Foreign Policy – GS2)
Want to Clear IAS Exam in 2024?
Take IASSolution Mock Exams; Be a Master!Take a FREE Test
- India’s National Security: A Reader. (Internal Security – GS3)
- Challenges to Internal Security of India. (Internal Security – GS3)
- Lexicon for Ethics, Integrity, and Aptitude. ( Ethics – GS4)
- IAS Mains General Studies – Ethics. ( Arihant Manual – GS4)
- Contemporary Essays by Ramesh Singh. (Essay paper)
- Essays for Civil Services – Pulkit Khare. (Essay Paper)
- 151 ESSAYS For UPSC Mains. (Essay Paper)
Also read: UPSC Exam Syllabus for IAS Prelims, Mains and Interview
General Studies Books for UPSC Interview Guidance
- Civil Services Interview: How to Ace
What…? When…? How…? Answers to All Questions about Civil Services (Prelims, Mains and Interview).
General Studies Books in the Hindi Language
As many of the books given in the English Language , corresponding books in the Hindi language are available in the book market. Hindi medium students can check the link UPSC IAS Books in the Hindi Language to buy from Amazon at a lower price.
Books for Other Competitive Exams
- Banking Exam Books .
- MBA Exam Books .
- Engineering Books .
- UPSC NDA/CDS/IES Exam Books .
- SSC Exam Books .
Links of General Studies Books at online Stores
Also, read IAS Study materials and Articles for free!
Free Resources For IAS Exam
- Yojana Magazine Download.
- Download Kurukshetra Magazine
- Pratiyogita Darpan issue
- Download IGNOU Books.
- NCERT Books Download.
- Buy NCERT Books Online.
Leave a Reply