UPSC conducted Civil Services Mains 2018 General Studies Paper 1 (GS Paper 1). Download Question Paper of IAS UPSC Mains 2018 General Studies Paper 1 (GS Paper 1) by using Print PDF Option.
GENERAL STUDIES PAPER 1: UPSC Mains Exam – 2018
- A total of TWENTY questions printed both in HINDI and in ENGLISH.
- Answers must be written in the medium authorized in the Hall Ticket which must be stated clearly on the front page of Booklet in the space provided.
- No marks will be given for answers written in a medium other than the selected medium.
- Answers to questions no. 1 to 10 should be in the maximum limit of 150 words, whereas answers to questions no. 11 to 20 should be in the purview of 250 words.
- Answer the questions by keeping the word limit allowed.
- All questions are compulsory in nature.
- Safeguarding the Indian art heritage is the need of the moment. Comment (10)
- Assess the importance of the accounts of the Chinese and Arab travellers in the reconstruction of the history of India. (10)
- Throw light on the significance of the thoughts of Mahatma Gandhi in the present times. (10)
- Why is the Indian Regional Navigational Satellite System (IRNSS) needed? How does it help in navigation? (10 )
- Why is India taking a keen interest in the Arctic region? (10)
- Define mantle plume and explain its role in plate tectonics. (10)
- What are the consequences of spreading of ‘Dead Zones’ on marine ecosystem? (10)
- “Caste system is assuming new identities and associational forms. Hence, the caste system cannot be eradicated in India.” Comment. (10)
- ‘Despite the implementation of various programmes for the eradication of poverty by the government in India, poverty is still existing’. Explain by giving reasons. (10)
- How the Indian concept of secularism different from the western model of secularism? Discuss. (10)
- The Bhakti movement received a remarkable re-orientation with the advent of Sri Chaitanya Mahaprabhu. Discuss. (15)
- Discuss whether the formation of new states in recent times is beneficial or not for the economy of India. (15)
- Why indentured labour was taken by the British from India to their colonies? Have they been able to preserve their cultural identity over there? (15)
- “The ideal solution of depleting groundwater resources in India is water harvesting system.” How can it be made effective in urban areas? (15)
- Defining blue revolution, explain the problems and strategies for pisciculture development in India. (15)
- What is the significance of Industrial Corridors in India? Identifying industrial corridors, explain their main characteristics. (15)
- Mention core strategies for the transformation of aspirational districts in India and explain the nature of convergence, collaboration and competition for its success. (15)
- ‘Women’s movement in India has not addresses the issues of women of lower social strata.’ Substantiate your view. (15)
- ‘Globalisation is generally said to promote cultural homogenisation but due to this cultural specificities appear to be strengthened in the Indian society.’ Elucidate.
- ‘Communalism arises either due to power struggle or relative deprivation.’ Argue by giving suitable illustrations. (15)
Comment your opinion about GS Paper 1.