Here is the much-awaited news that you are waiting for! UPSC has published the combined exam notification for Civil Services Preliminary Exam 2019 and Indian Forest Service Exam. You can download the official document from the below links.
The PDF contains UPSC Syllabus, Exam pattern, Physical and Medical Requirements etc.
N.B: Candidates are advised to apply by online using the website
A candidate who is 21 years old and not completed 32 years on 1st august 2019 is eligible to appear for IAS examination. In other words, he/she must not have been born before 2nd August 1987 and after 1st August 1998 (General Category). There is no age relaxation or attempt as per EWS Reservation as per Union Government announced.
The upper age limit is relaxable
- Up to five years for scheduled caste and scheduled tribe category.
- Up to three years for OBC candidates who belong to non-creamy layer.
- Five years relaxation for ex-servicemen including commissioned officers ECOs/SSCOs who have rendered at least five years of military service as on 1st august 2018.
- Up to three years for defense service personnel, who is disabled in operations during hostilities with any foreign nation or disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof.
- Up to five years if a person domiciled ordinarily in the state of Jammu and Kashmir from 1st January 1981 to 31st December 1990.
UPSC Civil Services Exam 2019 Calendar
- Civil Services Prelims and Indian Forest Service Prelims Date of Notification: February 19, 2019
- Last date to apply for Civil Service Prelims and Indian Forest Service Prelims: March 18, 2019
- Exam Date of UPSC Civil Service Prelims 2018 and IFS Prelims 2018: June 02, 2019
- Date of UPSC Civil Service Mains 2019: September 20, 2019
- Exam Date of UPSC IFS Mains 2019: December 01, 2018
Note: The dates of notification, commencement, and duration of Examinations are liable to alteration if the circumstances so warrant.
Are there any changes in UPSC Civil Services Exam 2019 as compared to Previous Years?
Yes, there is a change in the notification of the UPSC Civil Services Exam 2019. This time Government allowed 10 percent reservation for Economically Weaker Section (General Category) included in the notification. However
there is no age relaxation or attempt as per EWS Reservation as per Union Government announced.
Number of vacancies
The expected number of vacancies upon the final result is 896 which is slightly higher than the previous year vacancy which is 782 in the exact number. Furthermore, this includes seats for reserved categories such as SC/ST, OBC, General EWS, etc.