Here comes the much awaited notification from UPSC. UPSC published notification for civil services exams 2018, commonly known as the IAS exam. The exam cycle for UPSC is almost one year long. The applications are invited for the preliminary stage of IAS exam.
UPSC Civil Services 2018 notification
UPSC not only published notification for IAS exam, but also for Indian Forestry services exam. Both will have same preliminary exam but have different mains exam. Preliminary exam is objective in nature while mains are written in nature.
How to fill application form
Applications should be filled by online by using the website https://upsconline.nic. Detailed instructions are provided in the above mentioned website.
Date of UPSC Civil Service prelims
The UPSC announced Preliminary exam dates for Civil Service and Indian Forest service on June 3rd,2018. However, mains exams for civil service will start from 29th September 2018.
Number of vacancies
The expected number of vacancies upon final result is 782 which is much less than previous year vacancies , furthermore, this includes seats for reserved categories.
Age limit for IAS Exam 2018
A candidate who is 21 years old and not completed 32 years on 1st august 2018 is eligible to appear for IAS examination. In other words, he / she must not have been born before 2nd august 1986 and after 1st august 1997.
The upper age limit is relaxable
- Up to five years for scheduled caste and scheduled tribe category.
- Up to three years for OBC candidates who belongs to non creamy layer.
- Five years relaxation for ex service men including commissioned officers ECOs/SSCOs who have rendered at least five years of military service as on 1st august 2018.
- Up to three years for defence service personnel ,who is disabled in operations during hostilities with any foreign nation or disturbed area and released as a consequence there of.
- Up to five years if a person domiciled ordinarily in the state of Jammu and Kashmir from 1st January 1981 to 31st December 1990.
Last date of application
The final date for submitting online application forms are 7th march, 2018.