Kanishak Kataria, a graduate of IIT Bombay bagged Rank 1 in the Civil Services Exam after UPSC declared results of 2018. Kataria passed out with a BTech from IIT Bombay. He hails from the Pink City Jaipur, Rajastan.
Kanishak Kataria – Educational Qualification, Profile, and Optional Subject
Kanishak Kataria is a Computer Science Engineer from IIT Bombay. Now he is working as a Data Scientist as per his LinkedIn profile.
He chose Mathematics as his optional subject to achieve these feet.
Kataria belongs to SC Category.
What is his comment about his Achievement?
I am an enthusiastic person looking for opportunities to solve challenging real life problems. I have an aptitude of working with numbers with particular interests in the fields of Machine learning and Data analysis. Apart from this I am an avid sports follower and like to travel around the world.
Also, Kanishak Kataria thanks his Girlfriend who support and motivate him in the long journey. He said she stood by him and inspire him in every minute.
How many attempts gave Kanishak Kataria to crack UPSC CSE?
He cleared UPSC CSE in his first attempt itself with a historic success (Rank 1). Only a genius can make such things. Congrats Man!
Age of Kanishak Kataria
He is just 26 years old
What does make him Unique in Historic Victory?
After understanding his capabilities and profile, we should say accuracy and diligence make him special. He was a topper in almost all exams that he appeared.
He is coming from administrators background family. His father Sanwarmal Verma is also working as IAS Officer in Rajastan Cadre.
My father has always been my role model. He has always inspired me, but he never pushed me into civil services. It was a decision which I made on my own. I consulted him and my family. They were fully supportive of this decision.
His maternal uncle, K C Verma is also a serving IAS Officer working as Divisional Commissioner of Rajasthan Cadre. Moreover, Kanishak’s grandfather was an officer in Rajasthan Administrative Service.
Kanishak Kataria – Educational Back Ground
Kanishak was a student of St. Paul’s Sr. Sec. School, Kota, Rajasthan in 2010.
After his schooling, Kanishak got admission to the prestigious institution Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay and joined for B.Tech Honours in Computer Science and Minors in Applied Statistics during the year 2010-2014.
Kanishak Kataria worked for 5 years as Technologist.
He had work experience in Samsung Electronics (2014-2016) as Software Engineer. Currently, he is working as a data scientist in a software company(qplum).
Kanishak Kataria an Enthusiast in Software Learning – Completed Courses
- Artificial Intelligence (CS 344)
- Automata Theory and Logic (CS 208)
- Computer Architecture (CS 305)
- Computer Networks (CS 348)
- Database and Information (CS 317)
- Design and Analysis of Algorithms (CS 218)
- Foundations of Machine Learning (CS 725)
- Functional and Logic Programming (CS 467)
- Graph Theory (CS 408)
- Implementation of Programming Languages (CS 302)
- Introduction to Probability Theory (SI 417)
- Natural Language Processing (CS 626)
- Operating Systems (CS 347)
- Web Search and Data Mining (CS 635)
- Winner of National Talent Search Examination (NTSE )Scholarship 10 2008
- Merit Certificate for CBSE Mathematics in AISSE 2008 and for being in top 0.1% students across the country after scoring 100% marks in AISSCE 2010
- Recipient of Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) Scholarship – 2009
- Topped in in 11th National Science Olympiad and 2nd in International Mathematics Olympiad in 2009
- 44th rank in All India IIT –Joint Entrance Examination (IIT JEE) – 2010
- 24th All India Rank and a Rank 3 in the state– (Rajasthan) in AIEEE Examination – 2010
- Kanishak reached within National Top 1% in National Standard Examination in Physics and State wise Top 1% in National Standard Examination in Chemistry 1+ 2009–10.
Kanishak Kataria Interview
Kanishak Kataria – a front runner in Data Analytics, AI and Machine Learning
He falls in love with Data Science, Artificial Intelligence and Machine learning. It is evident that he is an eminent scholar and an expert in the flied of computer science. His ardent desire to develop the nation inclusively leads to serve in IAS.
I worked outside India for some time and realised India also needs good quality development. If I can help in inclusive growth and infrastructure development, it will be much more satisfying than earning big amount of money outside India.
IAS Topper 2018 is a Cricket enthusiast and Swimmer. He is a holistic traveler and an ardent reader.
He scored a sum of GPA of 9.07 out of 10 during his IIT graduation days.
Congratulations to a young genius from IASSolution. Serve best to the nation.