The Dogri Literature Syllabus in the UPSC Civil Services Mains Exam is divided into two papers, with each paper carrying 250 marks. This brings the total marks allotted for the optional subject to 500.
Dogri Literature Syllabus – UPSC Civil Services Mains Exam
UPSC Civil Services Mains Exam Optional Subject consists of 2 papers. Each paper is of 250 marks, making a total of 500 marks.
History of Dogri Language and Literature
(Answers must be written in Dogri)
History of Dogri Language
1. Dogri language : Origin and development through different stages.
2. Linguistic boundaries of Dogri and its dialects.
3. Characteristic features of Dogri language.
4. Structure of Dogri Language :
(a) Sound Structure :
Segmental : Vowels and Consonants Non-Segmental : Length, Stress, Nasalization, Tone and Juncture.
(b) Morphology of Dogri :
(i) Inflection Categories : Gender, Number, Case, Person, Tense and Voice.
(ii) Word Formation : use of prefixes, infixes and suffixes.
(iii) Vocabulary : Tatsam, tadbhav, foreign and regional.
(c) Sentence Structure: Major Sentence – types and their constituents, agreement and concord in Dogri syntax.
5. Dogri Language and Scripts : Dogre/Dogra Akkhar, Devanagari and Persian.
History of Dogri Literature :
1. A brief account of Pre-independence Dogri Literature : Poetry & Prose.
2. Development of modern Dogri Poetry and main trends in Dogri Poetry.
3. Development of Dogri short-story, main trends & prominent short-story writers.
4. Development of Dogri Novel, main trends & contribution of Dogri Novelists.
5. Development of Dogri Drama & contribution of prominent Playwrights.
6. Development of Dogri Prose : Essays, Memoirs & Travelogues.
7. An introduction to Dogri Folk literature – Folk songs, Folk tales & Ballads.
Textual Cristisim of Dogri Literature
(Answers must be written in Dogri)
1. Azadi Paihle Di Dogri Kavita. The following poets :
Devi Ditta, Lakkhu, Ganga Ram, Ramdhan, Hardutt, Pahari Gandhi Baba Kanshi Ram & Permanand Almast.
2. Modern Dogri Poetry
Azadi Bad Di Dogri Kavita The following poets :
Kishan Smailpuri, Tara Smailpuri, Mohan Lal Sapolia, Yash Sharma, K.S. Madhukar, Padma Sachdev, Jitendra Udhampuri, Charan Singh and Prakash Premi.
3. Sheeraza Dogri Number 102, Ghazal Ank. The following poets :
Ram Lal Sharma, Ved Pal Deep, N.D. Jamwal, Shiv Ram Deep, Ashwini Magotra and Virendra Kesar.
4. Sheeraza Dogri Number 147, Ghazal Ank
The following poets :
R.N. Shastri, Jitendra Udhampuri, Champa Sharma and Darshan Darshi.
5. Ramayan (Epic) by Shambhu Nath Sharma (upto Ayodhya Kand)
6. Veer Gulab (Khand Kavya) by Dinoo Bhai Pant.
1. Ajakani Dogri Kahani
The following short story writers :
Madan Mohan Sharma, Narendra Khajuria and B.P. Sathe.
2. Ajakani Dogri Kahani Part-II
The following Short Story writters :
Ved Rahi, Narsingh Dev Jamwal, Om Goswami, Chhattrapal, Lalit Magotra, Chaman Arora and Ratan
3. Khatha Kunj Bhag II
The following Story writters :
Om Vidyarthi, Champa Sharma and Krishan Sharma
4. Meel Patthar (collection of short stories) by Bandhu Sharma
5. Kaiddi (Novel) by Desh Bandhu Dogra Nutan
6. Nanga Rukkh (Novel) by O.P. Sharma Sarathi.
7. Nayaan (Drama) by Mohan Singh.
8. Satrang (A collection of one act plays) The following pay wrights :
Vishwa Nath Khajuria, Ram Nath Shastri, Jitendra Sharma, Lalit Magotra and Madan Mohan Sharma.
9. Dogri Lalit Nibandh
The following authors :
Vishwa Nath Khajuria, Narayan Mishra, Balkrishan Shastri, Shiv Nath, Shyam Lal Sharma, Lakshmi Narayan,
D.C. Prashant, Ved Ghai, Kunwar Viyogi.