UPSC announced Civil Services Mains 2017 Exam Results. More than 2560 candidates qualified for Personality Test. About 15000 candidates had written UPSC CSE Mains Exam 2017.
Interview for these candidates assumed to begin from 19th February. Here is the summary of UPSC’s Official Announcement about Mains 2017 Exam Results.
Summary of UPSC Civil Services Mains 2017 Exam Results
Approximately 12.5 lakhs candidates applied for UPSC Prelims Exam. On an average, 5 lakh candidates wrote Prelims 2017 out of which UPSC screened only 15000 for Mains Exam. Out of 15000 candidates , UPSC called around 2500 candidates for Personality test
- On the basis of the results of the Civil Services (Main) Examination, 2017 held by the Union Public Service Commission during October 28 to November 03, 2017, the candidates with the under mentioned Roll Numbers have qualified for Personality Test for selection to the Indian Administrative Service, Indian Foreign Service, Indian Police Service and other Central Services (Group ‘A’ and Group ‘B’).
- Candidature of these candidates is provisional subject to their being found eligible in all respects. The candidates will be required to produce the original certificates in support of their claims pertaining to age, educational qualifications, community, physical handicap and other documents such as Questionnaire, Attestation Form, and TA Form, etc. at the time of their Personality Test. The formats of SC/ST/OBC and PH certificates and Questionnaire, Attestation Form and TA Form, etc. can be downloaded from the website of the Commission. They are, therefore, advised to keep the said documents ready with them.
- Personality Test of these candidates is likely to commence from 19th Feb, 2018. Personality Tests will be held in the Office of the Union Public Service Commission at Dholpur House, Shahjahan Road, New Delhi-110069.
- The detailed program for the Personality Test will be uploaded on the Commission’s website http://www.upsc.gov.in.
- The e-Summon letters will be made available on the Commission’s website http://www.upsc.gov.in.
- The Qualified candidates who are unable to download their e-Summon Letters from the Commission’s Website at least 5 days before the commencement of the said Personality Test/Interview should immediately contact the Office of the Commission through on Phone Nos. 011- 23385271, 011-23381125, 011-23098543 or Fax No. 011-23387310, 011-23384472.
- No paper Summon Letters will be issued for the Personality Test/Interview by the Commission, but there will be only e-summon letters.
- No request for a change in the date and time of the Personality Test intimated to the candidates will be entertained.
- The candidates are advised to notify changes in their address, if any, to the Commission immediately through letter or Fax at Telephone numbers indicated above.
- The marks sheets of candidates who have not qualified will be put on the Commission’s Website within 15 days from the date of publication of the final result (after conducting Personality Test) and will remain available on the Website for a period of 60 days.
Download the Call Letter(e-Summon Letter)
The Call letter for UPSC Interview may be downloaded from UPSC’s website(http://www.upsc.gov.in.) from 18th Jan 2018
No Changes is allowed in Detailed Application Form
At the time of filling up of Detailed Application Form (DAF), Cadre Preferences were not
obtained from the candidates qualified for Civil Services (Main) Examination, 2017 and it was inter
alia mentioned in Column 18 of DAF that the Revised Cadre Policy was under consideration in the
Government (Department of Personnel & Training) for the All India Services. The Government has
since issued the Cadre Allocation Policy on 05.09.2017, which is available on the DoP&T’s website.
In accordance with this Revised Cadre Allocation Policy all the candidates, who have qualified for
Personality Test (Interview), are requested to fill up the Addendum to DAF Online for submitting
their Zones & Cadre Preferences.
They are also advised to go through the details of the Cadre Allocation Policy 2017 extremely carefully before submitting their preferences for Zones as well as Cadres there under.
The preferences once opted and submitted cannot be modified or changed at a later stage. Therefore, the candidates are advised to exercise due diligence while filling up the preferences for Zones as well as Cadres there under. If a candidate fails to submit the Addendum to DAF by last date/time, it will be considered that the candidate has no preference to make for Zones & Cadres and no request shall be entertained in this regard.